Daughter got married Saturday

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class
My number 4 daughter got married today. I have 5 girls and this is the first one to get married. I was remarking to my wife last night that I could appreciate what her father (now deceased) went through when she and I got married. Just thinking of what is going on right now, as I type this, in their new condo. I guess the trick is not to think about it. This morning the estrogen was so heavy in our home that I went out and put new spark plugs in the boat. I had to get out of the house. I did get invited to a week at Bear Lake this summer by the wife's cousin as he came through the reception line tonight. Might take him up on that. Bear Lake is a beautiful place and right on the Utah/Idaho border. It was a nice wedding though and the new SIL is a pretty good kid. It will be a while before he takes the boat. He needs to earn that privilege. Just rambling tonight. I don't feel much like sleeping. My wife and no. 5 daughter are asleep on the couch to the movie "Father of the Bride."

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Daughter got married Saturday

<br />This morning the estrogen was so heavy in our home that I went out and put new spark plugs in the boat.<br />
I relate to what you're going through. Hang in there matey, sounds like a fishing trip is in order.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Well, I guess I'll be the first to congratulate you on the event.<br />4 more to go. !!<br /><br />Also, I hope your brother is getting better.

LadyFish

Admiral

Congrats carrotsnapper!!! One down 4 to go. :p

eeboater

Commander

Yikes -- carrot! Congrats, I just got married 2 years ago... I certainly hope I didn't put my FIL through that much hell!<br /><br />Sean

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

go out on the boat .. take the SIL too.<br /><br />He'll need an 'out' also!<br /><br /> :D

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

As for what's going on in the condo, at least they're married. Take consolation in that :) But as the father of a daughter, I can appreciate the "daddy's little girl" thing though.<br /><br />And congratulations.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Congratulations... May you be blessed with MANY grandchildren to spoil rotten! Revenge is so sweet!<br /><br />Bob

Link

Rear Admiral

BTDT twice :) <br />She is young, happy and in love... what could be better?<br />BTDT myself! BTW You too ;)