dating engine

lasser

Cadet
can anyone date my Merc engine?...<br />it is a 70hp(that's what is on the cowl)..3cyl..O/B..elec start...the only number I can seem to find is 6823684...where is the serial no. found on these Merc engines??..I need to make repairs and dont know what yr to associate to??..thanks for any info and help..

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: dating engine

Let's see ... date a Mercury? They're kinda cold at first, but they do warm-up after awhile. But they keep spitting water all the time and if you lose control of them they just keep you going around in circles. Cheaper to keep than a woman, though. Plus you can choke and throttle them without going to jail. If we wanted kids I suppose we could adopt. But would I really want to marry a welfare motor? Especially when anyone with the key can turn it on? ;) <br /><br />Welcome to iboats. That's the serial number. I don't have an exact year for you, but probably 79 or 80.

Paul Moir

Admiral

70hp 3 cyl<br />Serial 6279960 - B110053 <br />Year 1983 <br /><br />Now I've got to go find the lung I lost reading WillyBWright's post...<br /><br />- Paul "What are the odds of getting sick on a Saturday? A thousand to one." Moir

lasser

Cadet

Originally posted by Paul Moir:<br /> 70hp 3 cyl<br />Serial 6279960 - B110053 <br />Year 1983 <br /><br />Now I've got to go find the lung I lost reading WillyBWright's post...<br /><br />- Paul "What are the odds of getting sick on a Saturday? A thousand to one." Moir