Dateline NBC blames ____ for N.O. Disaster

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
We'll the didnt come out and say it but.<br /><br />1)Just about every statement ended with "federal, state, and (pause for effect) FEDERAL officials". Extra emphasis was always placed on the word FEDERAL, kind of a subliminal thing.<br /><br />2)One of their main sources of info was a FORMER Fema person. May not be an unbiased source.<br /><br />3)Also, they stated that after the president declaired the area a disaster area on Saturday, that FEMA now had the overall authority. Basically they claimed that FEMA now had the authority over everything.<br /><br />They did point out some of the failures of the mayor and gov, but more of as a footnote.<br /><br />Anybody else watch?<br /><br />Ken

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Re: Dateline NBC blames ____ for N.O. Disaster

This is a failure of the education system. Even the educated didn't bother to research exactly how the laws work. I am convinced more often than not that the media represents the lower third of the intellect in this country. But I am sure the piece was very emotional............

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

It was all the work of the conservative right. . . trying to wipe out the liberals in NO.

rogerwa

Commander

I watched and was PO'd That FEMA resource was a Clinton appointee BTW.<br /><br />The mayor was not ridden hard as he should have been. The Gov was not put on the spot, barely mentioned for that matter.<br /><br />It was clear agenda journalism.<br /><br />I am just sick of this issue.

PW2

Commander

Not as sick as a lot of people on the gulf coast.<br /><br />I am willing to wait for an independent study on what went wrong in this disaster, for no other reason that disasters always happen in this country on a regular basis, and we need to learn how to handle them better.<br /><br />And I will freely admit that the gov of Louisiana was clueless, and I don't know about the mayor of NO, but it was clear from at least 3 days before this storm hit that it was a mammoth storm, it was going to hit land somewhere in the gulf with terrible consequences, and someone with experience and expertise needed to step up and take control---and no one did.

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Don't forget about a strong Category 4 hurricane that made landfall at Gulfport. Sorry friends but I'm worn out on the blame game. Feel free to rip me but I'm tired of the damned politics being played. Here's a crazy idea, shut the hell up about politics and help the victims. I gave a big chunk of my paycheck, did you?

rogerwa

Commander

Let me clarify. I am sick of the bickering, politicization, and general opportunist agendas.<br /><br />This is taking 90% of the coverage and I beleive is actually taking away from the donations and rallying of the rest of the country.