Darn hackers!!

FLATHEAD

Captain
I now have a big black warning screen for my computer screen saver. This thing just appeared one day and I can find no way to make it disappear. :( Anyone else have this happen. Help!!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Darn hackers!!

FH, go into the display and click on screensaver and change it.<br />No I ain't never had it happen to me.

FLATHEAD

Captain

Tried that Spinner, no good . I think it is some kind of program that attached itself to my PC that I have to figure out where it is and remove it

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

try to look in settings, taskbar/start menu.<br />click remove programs, then see if there's<br />something that shouldn't be there.<br /><br />also download free spybot and adaware to help<br />clean unwanted spyware.<br /><br />good luck and stay off those bad/nasty sights! :p

FLATHEAD

Captain

I tried everything, even bought a good spyware package. I am at a loss!! I have no idea where this thing came from.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Did you try looking at the task manager for anything odd?

Stumpknocker

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Do not attempt to adjust your set. We are in control. It will return to normal when we are through with our broadcast. There is nothing you can do earthling....

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

turn your monitor on!<br /><br /><br />hey did you get that HERE?<br /><br /><br />do you have teenagers?

spratt

Lieutenant

Flathead, I don't know your OS, but there is a virus that was around a while back that did that. It also would go out and connect to a site that would cause it to update itself. I seen it a lot when I worked at a place that ran Win 98 and WinNT desktop PC's...if you haven't fixed it by Tuesday, UI will see if I can find the fix for it and post it here for ya...

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

Restore your computer to an earlier date.

FLATHEAD

Captain

Thanks for the help. I managed to fix it in safe mode and did a little tweeking on the some settings. All is well.<br /><br />Mark42 It was a big red warning with a big paragraph with some sort on nonsense about how everything I ever look at would be on my PC forever but if I clicked on the thing they could fix that. Some of the words were spelled wrong.<br /><br />Like I could give a rats behind if anyone saw what was on my computer!!