Damn these skeeters

one more cast

Captain
I'm not talking about bass boats but rather them biting kind. I think they all came up with Katrina. I have never seen so many. especially in September.

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Damn these skeeters

OMC could be up here! Was snowing out at the ranch today -- that does cut the population down.<br /><br />Anyway, now I can head north for some fishing -- hate to go until the first cold snap -- hate those skeeters and black flies! Or, over to Glacier park, lake trout will start moving into the shallows.

TELMANMN

Chief Petty Officer

Actually i feel for you. Normally we get ate alive but this year with the weird summer, either hotter then H or colder than usual, they are really not too bad. <br /> Last week we were in the high 80's and this week in the low 70's. It gets down in the 50's at night so just great. I think the skeeters are really confused. Also I think we have more birds around then usual. I have flocks(50 to 60) robins at a time at dusk and loads of other type birds that I normally don't see this early. I first saw these flocks back in the middle of August which is at least 2 to 3 weeks earlier than normal. <br /> I thought it meant a early winter but they are still around so maybe that is why we have fewer skeeters than normal. <br /> Skeeter mantra, more deet please.

Ron G

Commander

Thats weird i have less skeeters this tear than i can ever rember i bet i aint been bite 5 times this year.I do have more bats and chimmney sweeps than last year.been either soaking wet or very dry.

FLATHEAD

Captain

Tons of spiders around here this year, not many skeeters to speak of. The ticks this spring were all over the place. The dog could not go out in the woods for more than ten minutes and have a bunch on her.

fireman57

Captain

I make sure to drink enough beer that when they bite me they get drunk and fall off.

one more cast

Captain

The thing is, all summer right up until about a week ago there was almost no skeeters. now you can't even go outside but I went up to my woodlot(7 miles up the road) this morning and there were none up there. I don't get it.

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class

We had a death over east of here this week from west nile virus, passed by skeeters. One of life's plagues. dang things.