Damn I'm tired

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander
But, as of Sunday, I get to be tired on my boat, in the water, tied up to my new floater. <br /><br />Been a tough couple weeks. Stripped my old flaking bottom paint. Prepped bottom. Primed bottom. 3 coats of ablative paint on bottom. <br /><br />Built from scratch a 6' X 20' floating dock. Framed with CCA 2.5 3"X10"X20' lumber. Skirted styrofoam with 2X6X20' lumber. Drove pilings in myself. Drove guide pipes in myself. Dropped dock in water myself. When I say myself I mean my dad and I, and not a contractor. <br /><br />Started working nights (Midnight - 8:00am) 6 weeks ago so it's been work at night, get home and work on the dock or the boat, then get a couple hours of sleep if I could then back to work. Maybe now I can finally get some real sleep. <br /><br />Launched boat Sunday. Engine started up after about 1 second of cranking, smoked out the marina nicely from the fogging oil. Purred like a kitten. Had a nice (but short) day out, a little fishing, a little cruise, oil alarm went off but I had 2 gallons stowed away so I just topped off, and back to tie up to the new dock for the season. <br /><br />Took the wife out for a little after work cruise Monday. Well, after work for her, before for me, I'm at work now. Let her drive the boat most of the way. Taught her how the trim tabs work and how to keep the boat on a nice slow gas-conserving plane. <br /><br />I'm sore, I'm tired, but the boat is in the water and the new dock is looking great. Spring stripers seem to be moving out already but that's OK, plenty of other fish out there and the stripers will be back in September... :D <br /><br />I need a nap. I'm going to try to get a decent pic of the boat at the dock and maybe post here. <br /><br />Here's to a good summer.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Damn I'm tired

Originally posted by Stiff Nibbles:<br /> Here's to a good summer.
Sounds like you deserve it SN! Look forward to the add'l pictures.