cylinder 1# and #3

fisheymikey

Chief Petty Officer
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 30, 2012
Messages
450
I am totally stumped all of a sudden cylinder 1&3 not firing

I have force 125 1988 any idea

maybe just a wiring diagram would help

thx

mike
 

foodfisher

Captain
Joined
Feb 18, 2009
Messages
3,756
Re: cylinder 1# and #3

OEM manual doesn't link 1&3 together. Individually 1 and then 3, could be sparkplug, coil, or trigger. Something fishy Mikey, probably me.
 

Jiggz

Captain
Joined
Oct 23, 2009
Messages
3,909
Re: cylinder 1# and #3

As food fisher mentioned, there's no link, electrically between 1 & 3 cylinders nor there is fuel connection either. I believe it just so happens both failed at the same time either with the coils, plugs or trigger.
 

fisheymikey

Chief Petty Officer
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 30, 2012
Messages
450
Re: cylinder 1# and #3

can a faulty rectifier do that?

but I think its the trigger is there any way to test?

mike
 

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Joined
May 7, 2008
Messages
18,196
Re: cylinder 1# and #3

Yes outboard ignition . com or CDI igniton . com both have test procedures.
I found that the connectors on my trigger were bad under the shrink wrap.
It would test OK then not.
I replaced ALL the connectors, even the stator wires and it solved my problems.
 
Top