Cruiser seats

golf101

Petty Officer 2nd Class
What are the pros and cons. Looking at Yamaha FX HO, and trying to decide between cruiser and non cruiser.

ShadowB

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Cruiser seats

Not sure what year your considering but the Cruiser seats are supposedly more rider friendly and comfortable (contoured) and better for long and rougher water. I have a Cruiser and never rode a non-cruiser so couldn't say if there's a big difference. I believe the Cruisers offer more in the way of fuel manage gauges as well, but whether all that is worth the extra cost would be dependent on what's important to you and what's not versus cost. I'm used to my fuel gauge package and would notice it if I didn't have it. I've heard some folks don't prefer the Cruisers contoured seat because they like the freedom to position themselves wherever on the seat. It's a non-issue for me, anything that is better in the way of padding and comfort is a plus. I'd also give the Cruiser seat the edge when carrying passengers and I believe the cruiser has a better handle at the rear of the seat when climbing back on. Last I checked the difference was $700 between models. Is a cruiser worth $700 extra? I'd have to say at the end of the day, unless you live on it $700 is a bit steep. Of course a lot depends on the deal you can get.