Cruise control ??

kgw

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi all,<br />My daughter has a 2001 Dodge Stratus. The cruise control turns on by its self and the car accelerates till you hit the brake. Trying to find out if there is any un-writen recall on this. Dealer says no. I feel this is a saftey issue. Any one out there have a simular prob?

Kenneth Brown

Captain
Re: Cruise control ??

Thats scary. I would disconnect the cable to it and pull the fuse just to be safe.

kgw

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for reply Ken,<br />Thought about fuse but it(fuse)also has somthing to do with trans vaccuum sw. Didnt think of cable tho,good idea Thanks for reply

one more cast

Captain

that sounds like a real safety issue, I would write to or call the company and I am sure they will fix it at no cost.

jimr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

sounds like she has a bad speed sensor I know when one goes out on a GM and you set the cruise it will sometimes keep right on a going. you need to fix it ASAP

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by kgw:<br /> Hi all,<br />My daughter has a 2001 Dodge Stratus. The cruise control turns on by its self and the car accelerates till you hit the brake. Trying to find out if there is any un-writen recall on this. Dealer says no. I feel this is a saftey issue. Any one out there have a simular prob?
kgw, found nothing on this, but did find some stuff you might want to have checked.<br />These are for both, the 2.4L and 3.0L engines.<br />This is for the coupe.<br /><br />Safety Recalls<br /> TSB Number Issue Date TSB Title 968 FEB 01 Recall - Driver's Seat Anchor Bolt Replacement <br /> 896 JAN 01 Recall - Map Lamp Insulation Melting <br /> 959 DEC 00 Recall - Fuel Return Hose Replacement <br /> 956 NOV 00 Recall - Crankshaft Position Sensor Harness, Shorting <br /> 894 OCT 00 Recall - Steering Gear Replacement <br /> 897 OCT 00 Recall - Steering Wheel Hub Separation <br /><br />And here is what I found for the sedan with the 2.4L and 2.7L engines.<br />Safety Recalls<br /> TSB Number Issue Date TSB Title 957 NOV 00 Recall - Child Restraint, Owner's Manual Update <br /> 898 OCT 00 Recall - Passenger Airbag Replacement <br /><br />General Recalls<br /> TSB Number Issue Date TSB Title 974 MAR 01 Campaign - A/T Control Relay Replacement <br /> 947 MAR 01 Campaign - EATX Relay Replacement <br /> 899 OCT 00 Recall - Traveler Module/PCM Replacement

kgw

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks JimR & SBN,<br /><br />JimR the cruise isnt even turned on when this happens, SBN thanks for list of recalls will check it out.