Crownlne 2005 270cr Questions

captain888

Recruit
Hi I just purchased a 2005 270cr with a fresh water cooled 6.2 merc cruiser in it I have 2 questions if someone could answer.
As soon as I turn the key on to start it I have an alarm that goes off and keeps going off about every 3 seconds it is just a beep what is it trying to tell me..
The next one is can someone tell me or send a picture of there toggle switches and tell me what the switch is with the waves on it as I can not work that out.
Thanks

alldodge

Staff member
The beep is normal and tells you your computer is working, it will continue until the engine is started. If it goes off with the engine running you have a problem. If it ever goes off and is a solid sounding beep, its either lost oil pressure, drive lube is empty or engine is over heated. Two other causes for a solid beep can be over speed rpm or sea water psi low, that is if your engine is equipped with these sensors.

Is it the one at the bottom right?
switch panel.jpg

alldodge

Staff member
It should turn on your wash down pump if you have one. Could also be to turn on the cabin water pump. Don't know how your boat is outfitted. It could have been an option that you didn't get, or the pump is there and the pump is broke or fuse blown. My fresh water pump is inside on my breaker panel, and I don't have a wash down pump