Cross-over lures.

rolmops

Vice Admiral
I am not sure whether to post this in fresh or salt water fishing.<br />Lately I started experimenting a bit with salt water lures in fresh water.Using 3 and 5 ounce bucktail lures in red ,purple and white, and green ones.So far I have come up with Ontario kings and Cohos on the buck tail.Same setup I use for stripers.The salmon fights harder and faster pound for pound and they weigh the same.<br />Another one I tried are the summer fluke rigs with the little propellers and bouncing sinkers.These do very nicely for walleyes and perch.<br />Do you have any cross over tips?

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: Cross-over lures.

If I could only throw one lure for the rest of me life, fresh or salt, chrome/black-back rat-l-trap...<br /><br />Critters i've hung with rat-l-traps.<br /><br />Jack Crevalle. lots of em'. :rolleyes: <br />mangrove, and mutton snapper.<br />Big mouth bass.<br />Sunshine bass (hybrid stripper kinda deal).<br />Snook. (or snuke, if'n yer a FL. cracker).<br />Catfish.<br />Crappie.<br />assorted over-zealous sunfishes..<br />Spotted sea trout.<br />lookdown, or moonfish..<br />Pickeral.<br />inshore sport model Baracudas.<br />Bonito.<br /><br /><br />I'm certain that dolphin (mahi mahi), kingfish & wahoo (trolled deep & fast), tunas, tripletail, and other offshore fish would bite one if given the chance.. Grouper too..<br /><br />Pike, Muskie....

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

But there's more..<br /><br />Crappie jigs fished in saltwater.. Lookdowns eat em' up, and some days a crappie jigs is all a snook will eat...<br /><br />But then there's the Johnson spoon and the look-alikes....<br /><br />Oh.. And white spinnerbaits for redfish..

TD_Maker

Chief Petty Officer

The fish does not care if it's a salt or fresh water lure.