Crestliner Windshield Advice.

emachine

Cadet
My 2001 Crestliner Sportfish Model 2050, Has been on the water twice and the two front windshields are popping out of the molding. My dealer is looking into it. I was doing some research to see if I am the only one, or are others having this trouble. I am a bit upset about it. Thanks in advance for your response.<br />Eric

corby

Cadet
Re: Crestliner Windshield Advice.

Eric,I have a 2000 Crestliner sportfish 1750 and mine did the same thing. My dealer had to replace the windshield, molding and all. I think your dealer should just replace the whole thing too. What is there to look into? Its under warranty, tell him you want it replaced. Good luck. Shawn

emachine

Cadet

Thanks Shawn!<br />I don't think I will have an issue getting it replaced, but My dealer is quite a distance from me so it is a hassle. I guess I was more wondering if this is something I am going to continue to have problems over and over, or if a replacement will fix it once and for all. Did you ever have any more trouble once it was repaired? I don't want to have this be a yearly event. Thanks again!!<br /><br />Eric

corby

Cadet

Eric, I just had the windshield replaced at the end of august and I've only been out with the boat about 3 or 4 times and it has been fine. I bought the boat in September of 2000, and it just happened in early August on some very rough water, so I assumed that is what caused it. I sure hope that it's not going to be an annual event...that would upset me :mad: Good luck with yours...Shawn

FISH'N101

Seaman Apprentice

Howdee, I have a Crestliner, but no windshield problems. <br /><br />Love the boat. I did want to tell you I have called the company direct and reieved answers to my questions. You might want to do the same for a their views on a solution. When I was buying my boat the dealer showed me a boat that did have windshield popped out. I got their phone number with a internet phone book search in the town where they are built. Not the 800# but the local plant # Good Luck!

FISH'N101

Seaman Apprentice

Just located the phone # for Crestliner I used. 360-632-6686 <br /><br />609 13th Ave NE Little Falls Minnesota 56345

emachine

Cadet

Hey thanks a lot Fish'n101. I really appreciate the information. I will use it to follow up. Thanks again!!!!!!