Creditor calls neighbor

Twidget

Commander
This story was on the 10 o'clock news last night.<br /><br />Evidently, Foleys called a womans next door neighbor and asked him to inform her that her bill was past due. <br /><br />The end of the story was that a neighbor had a relative living with her and that is who Foleys was after.<br /><br />He was pretty miffed that they would call him for that. He said he wont ever shop at Foleys again. Gee, I wonder why. <br /><br />Personally, I probably would have told the collector what to do with it. :mad:

Ralph 123

Captain
Re: Creditor calls neighbor

I know somebody this happened to (not me, honestly, a friend). Totally slimy and unethical behavior by scumbag collection agency pukes!

LubeDude

Admiral

Collection agencies will stop at almost nothing to get information about someone that owes money. Ive had them call me and ask about some family member and say they are trying to locate them because they owe them money, or that they overpaid a bill and that they would like to send them a refund, thats a good one.

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

How about this idea....if they paid their freaking bills ontime this wouldn't come up????<br /><br />We all pay a fortune in added costs due to the load of the deadbeats out there.

Bondo

Staff member

Originally posted by bomar76:<br /> How about this idea....if they paid their freaking bills ontime this wouldn't come up????<br /><br />We all pay a fortune in added costs due to the load of the deadbeats out there.
Ayuh,...........<br />My thoughts Exactly........... ;) <br /><br />Child Support,+ Credit Cards come to mind.........

NathanY

Commander

Why do you think that they ask for 3 references when applying for credit?

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Originally posted by Nate Not in Arkansas:<br /> Why do you think that they ask for 3 references when applying for credit?
Thats it in a nutshell ;) <br /><br />and what Bomar76 said.