Crazy weather

FLATHEAD

Commander
This fall has been frustrating as heck for me on the lakes. It'll get cold for a day or two then really warm up for a week, then all over again. Normally we deal with steadily falling lake temps, not this year it's all over the place. <br /><br />Have not been able to turn a fish last four trips out. Tried everything I know. Any suggestions? :confused:

skeeterboy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Crazy weather

Yea here it is now COLD as im typing this it is 18 out good golly that is cold. This weekend is supposed to be back up in the 50s or so, So i hope to get out before the long winter hits us.

Ron G

Commander

I went sunday it was a beautiful day mid 60's,but the water was gin clear,had 1 smally 17" and a large mouth 15" the largemouth was on a chug bug and the smally on a tube.we got some ran which was good and the first freeze last night dipped down to 25.

llfish

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Ron did you get any of the strong winds Tuesday night?

Ron G

Commander

Yea it was pretty bad for a little while,the power went out in winchester for about an 1 1//2hr we got alot of rain too which we despiratly needed,Larry what about ya??heard there was a few funnel clouds around too.

llfish

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Had some rain and hail. Winds about 35 MPH. No reports of power loss in the county. Funnel clouds were 20 miles West of us. To close for this West coast transplant.

aspeck

Staff member

I have one sure fire suggestion for you Flahthead. I understand, got your same weather pattern. But this will get fish in the boat everytime.<br /><br />Next time out, try dynamite. Good luck, and don't hold it to long before casting.

Ron G

Commander

Im going tomarrow,i donty have any idea of what do?guess im going to start with the jerkbait.Its suppose to be close to freezing,and it looks like rain might be a miserable day :(