Crazy MDC 1600 wiring mess.

Korbs67

Seaman
Hi All,
Darn. I just spent 30 minutes putting together a post and I got a site glitch. So on this one I'll try to cut to the chase a bit quicker.

Okay. I just mounted a 2001 135 Opti, Binnacle controls. The medallion mdc 1600 has 4 gauges, Tach, Speed (pitot), volt, and trim sensor. The two pictures is what I'm trying to wrap my head around.

On the boat is a remote keyswitch with two yellow wires (among others) and the throttle has two yel/red and the trim switch conector pig tailed off it--I do not have the matching connector, unfortunately.

Pictured is the mdc 1600 and the nest of wires..ugg! My main questions are the following:
1.)Where to put the two yellow fuses? and the green and black wire in the same harness?
2.) What to do with the yellow wires from my keyswitch and throtlle control?
3.)What is the Pink/Blk stripe and Blk connector for (I dont have the other end for that one either)

My main quest here is to get my trim switch working and the Tach working.

I'm hoping the forum can pull through for me once again! :)

Thank you for any help!

Ken

Attachments

• 20121005_201537.jpg
    20121005_201537.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20121005_201423.jpg
    20121005_201423.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 0

lt66tx2000

Recruit
Re: Crazy MDC 1600 wiring mess.

Hi All,
Darn. I just spent 30 minutes putting together a post and I got a site glitch. So on this one I'll try to cut to the chase a bit quicker.

Okay. I just mounted a 2001 135 Opti, Binnacle controls. The medallion mdc 1600 has 4 gauges, Tach, Speed (pitot), volt, and trim sensor. The two pictures is what I'm trying to wrap my head around.

On the boat is a remote keyswitch with two yellow wires (among others) and the throttle has two yel/red and the trim switch conector pig tailed off it--I do not have the matching connector, unfortunately.

Pictured is the mdc 1600 and the nest of wires..ugg! My main questions are the following:
1.)Where to put the two yellow fuses? and the green and black wire in the same harness?
2.) What to do with the yellow wires from my keyswitch and throtlle control?
3.)What is the Pink/Blk stripe and Blk connector for (I dont have the other end for that one either)

My main quest here is to get my trim switch working and the Tach working.

I'm hoping the forum can pull through for me once again! :)

Thank you for any help!

Ken

Where did you pick up the connectors to plug into the MDC 1600? I am having a hard time finding anyone that carries them.