Crack in liner hull

I have a liner hull center console, about 7 yrs old. It's getting a crack in the liner where it fits over the top of the transom. I suspect it started from bad trailering habits (no transom protector and jackplate up). I've looked carefully under the liner hatches and can't see any evidense of the actual transom being damaged. Has anyone else experienced this? What are the repair options? :confused:

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: Crack in liner hull

bill, a year ago I hit an underwater obstruction hard enough to crack the interior layer of fiberglass at the outboard mounting bolt, might be similar to your situation. When I took the bolt out I was able to confirm the transom was solid inside. I just used a few layers of fiberglass mat & polyester resin, & finished up with a thin layer of Marine-tex to smooth it out. I didn't bother with gel coat on account of it's just an old fishing boat.<br /><br />Mine actually cracked open, but if you're just seeing a stress fracture develop, the Marine-tex alone might be sufficient. It's a 2-part fiberglass putty that bonds with your hull - great stuff, I highly recommend it. Kinda pricey but a little goes a long way.<br /><br />Marine-tex

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

Bill - Tell us about your boat and what you are powering it with. What hp is the hull rated for?<br /><br />It could be something as simple as surface stress cracks or a sign of something much more serious. Can you post some pictures?

Thanks SoLittle,<br />The boat is a 1997 Sea Arrow F220 center console. Its rated for a maximum of 225 HP, I have a 200 Evinrude mounted on a jackplate. I'll try to post some pictures this evening.

If anyone has a recommendation on a place to have it checked out in Houston I'd appreciate your input