Court Questions

dolluper

Captain
These are from a book called Disorder in the American Courts, and are things<br />people actually said in court, word for word, taken down and now published<br />by court reporters who had the torment of staying calm while these exchanges<br />were actually taking place.<br /><br />ATTORNEY: Are you sexually active?<br />WITNESS: No, I just lie there.<br />______________________________<br /><br />ATTORNEY: What is your date of birth?<br />WITNESS: July 18th.<br />ATTORNEY: What year?<br />WITNESS: Every year.<br />_____________________________________<br /><br />ATTORNEY: What gear were you in at the moment of the impact?<br />WITNESS: Gucci sweats and Reeboks.<br />______________________________________<br /><br />ATTORNEY: This myasthenia gravis, does it affect your memory at all?<br />WITNESS: Yes.<br />ATTORNEY: And in what ways does it affect your memory?<br />WITNESS: I forget.<br />ATTORNEY: You forget? Can you give us an example of something you forgot?<br />_____________________________________<br /><br />ATTORNEY: How old is your son, the one living with you?<br />WITNESS: Thirty-eight or thirty-five, I can't remember which.<br />ATTORNEY: How long has he lived with you?<br />WITNESS: Forty-five years.<br />_____________________________________<br /><br />ATTORNEY: What was the first thing your husband said to you that morning?<br />WITNESS: He said, "Where am I, Cathy?"<br />ATTORNEY: And why did that upset you?<br />WITNESS: My name is Susan.<br />______________________________________<br /><br />ATTORNEY: Do you know if your daughter has ever been involved in voodoo?<br />WITNESS: We both do.<br />ATTORNEY: Voodoo?<br />WITNESS: We do.<br />ATTORNEY: You do?<br />WITNESS: Yes, voodoo.<br />______________________________________<br /><br />ATTORNEY: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in his sleep, he<br />doesn't know about it until the next morning?<br />WITNESS: Did you actually pass the bar exam?<br />___________________________________<br /><br />ATTORNEY: The youngest son, the twenty-year-old, how old is he?<br />WITNESS: Uh, he's twenty-one..<br />_____________________________________<br /><br />ATTORNEY: Were you present when your picture was taken?<br />WITNESS: Would you repeat the question?<br />______________________________________<br /><br />ATTORNEY: So the date of conception (of the baby) was August 8th?<br />WITNESS: Yes.<br />ATTORNEY: And what were you doing at that time?<br />WITNESS: Uh....<br />______________________________________<br /><br />ATTORNEY: She had three children, right?<br />WITNESS: Yes.<br />ATTORNEY: How many were boys?<br />WITNESS: None.<br />ATTORNEY: Were there any girls?<br />______________________________________<br /><br />ATTORNEY: How was your first marriage terminated?<br />WITNESS: By death.<br />ATTORNEY: And by whose death was it terminated?<br />______________________________________<br /><br />ATTORNEY: Can you describe the individual?<br />WITNESS: He was about medium height and had a beard.<br />ATTORNEY: Was this a male or a female?<br />______________________________________<br /><br />ATTORNEY: Is your appearance here this morning pursuant to a deposition<br />notice which I sent to your attorney?<br />WITNESS: No, this is how I dress when I go to work.<br />______________________________________<br /><br />ATTORNEY: Doctor, how many of your autopsies have you performed on dead<br />people?<br />WITNESS: All my autopsies are performed on dead people.<br />______________________________________<br /><br />ATTORNEY: ALL your responses MUST be oral, OK? What school did you go to?<br />WITNESS: Oral.<br />______________________________________<br /><br />ATTORNEY: Do you recall the time that you examined the body?<br />WITNESS: The autopsy started around 8:30 p.m.<br />ATTORNEY: And Mr. Denton was dead at the time?<br />WITNESS: No, he was sitting on the table wondering why I was doing an<br />autopsy on him!<br />______________________________________<br /><br />ATTORNEY: Are you qualified to give a urine sample?<br />WITNESS: Huh?<br />______________________________________<br /><br />ATTORNEY: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a<br />pulse?<br />WITNESS: No.<br />ATTORNEY: Did you check for blood pressure?<br />WITNESS: No.<br />ATTORNEY Did you check for breathing?<br />WITNESS: No.<br />ATTORNEY: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began<br />the autopsy?<br />WITNESS: No.<br />ATTORNEY: How can you be so sure, Doctor?<br />WITNESS: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.<br />ATTORNEY: But could the patient have still been alive, nevertheless?<br />WITNESS: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing<br />law.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Court Questions

Seems as if the attorney was more often the fool! :eek: <br /><br />Bob