Could this have been a bad thing??

8AteEight

Petty Officer 3rd Class
well thats a stupid subject line, but I cant think of what else to put down. :) <br /><br />So I went with my parents to run their boat for the 1st time this year. She started and idled just beautifully. Waited for my dad to park the truck and come down the hill. He jumped in and we idled away from the dock. After we passed the No-wake zone, I looked at the temp guage. :eek: 230+ I told him to get on the gas and get some water flowing. It did the trick and she settled into the 130-140 range with no problems.<br /><br />So my only real question is: It was this hot for a max of 2 minutes. Do ya'll think it did any damage being that hot?? <br />Afterwards, everything ran great, but there was a lil smell of burning (gear??)oil.<br /><br />also, later, I pulled the plug, and quite a bit extra water came out. My dad thinks its a leak in the cooling lines/ or not sealing from being winterized. :confused: But Im afraid we melted a line from the engine temp.<br /><br />P.S. Its a 1993 rienell/OMC with a rebuilt 302.

tommays

Admiral
Re: Could this have been a bad thing??

i would look at the rubber parts of the exaust for any damage or leaks <br /><br /><br />and i would look at the real problem which is whats worng with your raw water pump your not going to get that luckey to many times<br /><br /><br />tommays