cost of overhaul on a rude?

TDuck

Cadet
taking my 95 evinrude 45 hp. 2 cyl. to a mechanic today, just wondering before i go ...whats a ballpark figure to overhaul the engine? dont want to get ripped off...thanks

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral
Re: cost of overhaul on a rude?

Cost of an over haul would depend on what your mechanic finds when he tears the engine down. Even he can't accurately tell you until he does that. If he has a good discription of what happened, or what the engine is doing he can give you a ball park figure.

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

I would plan on $1200-$1500 for a complete job, depending on the Mech. It really doesn't matter what he finds, a complete rebuild is a complete rebuild, from the crank up. Sure, certain parts can be re-used if possible, but to do it right, it all has to be replaced or reconditioned.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> not knowing why your motor needs an overhaul makes it a bit tough to answer. if the block just needs boring and the crank and rods are reusable then 12-1500 is ball park. if you want a new VRO pump add another 300 and if its VRO then a new pump is a must if the old pump is over 5 years old. may want to put a new water pump kit in while its all apart. I usually dissasemble the lower while doing the power head to make sure all is ok in the lower as well. my rebuilds are not cheap and not for every one but I give a year warrenty with them so its done my way or I load it in your truck and we all feel good :) . rickdb1boat is right a rebuild is just that. a patch is a patch.<br /> good luck and keep posting