Corpus/Port Aransas charter?

87Aggie

Petty Officer 1st Class
Can anybody recommend a 1/2 - 1 day offshore fishing charter for me, wife and teenage son this Summer? We'll be vacating in the area during the middle of July. Any ideas would be appreciated!<br />Don

Omega-1

Seaman
Re: Corpus/Port Aransas charter?

87Aggie,<br />Here are some possibilities for a one day charter:<br />DEEP SEA HEADQUARTERS Port Aransas - 361-749-5597<br />DOLPHIN DOCKS Port Aransas - 361-749-4188<br />FISHERMAN'S WARF Port Aransas - 361-888-8093<br /><br />Good luck; have fun.

Omega-1

Seaman

Originally posted by 87Aggie:<br /> Can anybody recommend a 1/2 - 1 day offshore fishing charter for me, wife and teenage son this Summer? We'll be vacating in the area during the middle of July. Any ideas would be appreciated!<br />Don

I have gone out with Deep Sea Headquarters many times and ALWAYS came back with a limit. Once I was going to go in the 4 hour boat since I was leaving that afternoon to go home, got to the boat and they anounced that there was a problem, the fish were not biting close in. Asked if anyone would have a problem staying out "a little longer". One guy said he would have to call his wife and they let him use the phone. We were out about 10 hours but caught LOTS of fish. I call that SERVICE!!! and HIGHLY recommend them. I will be doing the 8 hour trip with them Saturday. I'll try to post pics to let you know how it went.

Omega-1

Seaman

Baldeagle655,<br /><br />Sounds like you are fixin to have some fun; I wish I was coming along this Saturday as well. Good luck to you; I'll be looking forward to your photos. Be safe.

87Aggie

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the info baldeagle655. If you get a chance, let me know how the seaweed situation is along the coast.

Well, not so good news, 38 people on boat, 6 fish. GOOD news, I got one of those 6. Didn't measure him but was a nice King Mackeral. Quite a bit of fun landing him too. Tasted good but not quite as good as he cost :) Checked along the Island, afterwards and found that only one boat had caught any fish that day, the one from Dolphin Docks. Both the day before and day after my trip everyone on the Gulf Eagle limited out. Guess they just weren't biting that day. I still recommend Deep Sea Headquarters though!!<br /><br />Good luck on your trip.

txswinner

Banned

Howdy Ag, If you get a chance to fish off shore and have 6 people, I strongly suggest you spend the little extra money and go on a six pac trip. Usually really good results and personal attention. I use Captain Ann out of Brazosport, she has 2 47' Hatteras.