Cops nail 'parking Nazi'

Ralph 123

Captain
I just had to share this one. Jamaica Plain has become a haven for the altenative lifesytle crowd over the years...<br /><br />
<br />Cops nail 'parking Nazi': JP neighborhood was victimized by vigilante for years<br />By Laurel J. Sweet and David Weber<br />Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - Updated: 01:20 PM EST<br /><br />A self-appointed traffic judge who allegedly meted out street justice by vandalizing cars in Jamaica Plain for everything from expired stickers to parking violations was arrested yesterday after he was caught on camera keying the side of a police decoy van. <br /> <br /> It was graying security guard Robert Feest's love for the law that was his undoing, officials said. <br /> <br /> Cops say Feest, 44 - dubbed the Parking Nazi'' by local residents - has been terrorizing the Boston neighborhood for years with his ruthless respect for auto etiquette - imposing his punishments while out walking his dog. <br /> <br /> We (investigators) looked at each other and said five will get you 10 this guy has his dog licensed,'' said Lt. Robert Ciccolo. <br /> <br /> His punishments featured dousing cars with chocolate syrup, spray paint and feces for infractions including out-of-state plates in residential parking spots and even offensive bumper stickers. <br /> <br /> What a chump,'' said Andrew Maydoney, one of Feest's dozens of alleged victims. Maydoney's crime? Parking his now scratched-up blue Volvo station wagon on his street instead of in his driveway. <br /> <br /> Feest was allegedly caught on camera yesterday morning dragging a screwdriver along the red paint of a decoy van with Texas plates police planted outside his home on Enfield Street after being seen leaving a note on it Monday while walking his dog. Detective Melvin Ruiz made the arrest. <br /> <br /> A Connecticut native who does security work for Verizon, Feest will be arraigned this morning in West Roxbury District Court on at least one charge of willful and malicious destruction of property. <br /> <br /> Ciccolo, who credited Sgt. Detectives Thomas O'Leary and Bill Feeney with cracking the case, said the self-anointed traffic judge and jury was at the point where he was doing it two or three times a week - whenever he went out to walk that dog.'' <br /> <br /> A search warrant was being executed last night at the condo Feest has shared for the past 11 years with Ronald Monroe. He's innocent,'' Monroe insisted. I can't believe they would accuse him of doing this.'' <br /> <br /> But Maydoney said, If he (Feest) had a point to make, I would have stood in front of the guy and listened. But he didn't make any kind of reasonable case.'' <br /> <br /> The parking phantom spurred residents to restart a neighborhood crime watch. Some even tried to catch the vigilante themselves using hidden cameras. <br /> <br /> I'm a sucker for optimism,'' Maydoney said. We all got to know each other as neighbors. So maybe something good did come of it.'' <br /> <br /> Who was targeted <br /> <br /> A yet-untold number of Jamaica Plain residents became victims of Robert Feest's alleged crimes of passion for the following indiscretions he found offensive: <br /> <br />Parking on the street if you had a driveway. <br /> <br />Bumper stickers and vanity plates. <br /> <br />Taking up more than one parking space. <br /> <br />Having an expired or rejected inspection sticker. <br /> <br />Out-of-state plates<br /><br />*** Follow up Story ***<br /><br />Parking Nazi' charge shocks suspect's partner<br />By Laurel J. Sweet<br />Thursday, May 26, 2005 - Updated: 08:56 AM EST<br /><br />A Jamaica Plain man sobbed yesterday upon hearing that his live-in lover had confessed to being the Parking Nazi'' - a violent vandal who for seven years got away with trashing vehicles that offended his code of car conduct. <br /> <br /> We've been together for 15 years. I'm completely embarrassed and humiliated,'' Ronald Monroe, 47, said of the man who betrayed his heart and keyed his car. <br /> <br /> After Boston police confiscated from the couple's Enfield Street condo spray paint, an ice pick, screwdrivers and copies of profane notes Robert Feest, 44, allegedly left scofflaws and SUV owners, Monroe told the Herald, I feel as much a victim as those poor people.'' <br /> <br /> Monroe admitted he was confronted about Feest years ago by a suspicious neighbor whose car was coated with glue and sand and shown a note that looked like his (Feest's) handwriting, but he (Feest) denied it.'' <br /> <br /> The couple even took part in a community meeting about the Parking Nazi. <br /> <br /> But despite his alleged admission to the cops, Feest yesterday pleaded not guilty in West Roxbury District Court to malicious property destruction. The total number of victims is not yet known, though investigators say news of his arrest has left them flooded with phone calls. <br /> <br /> Judge Thomas Horgan, his courtroom packed with victims cradling scrapbooks and photographs of Feest's serial street justice, ordered the Verizon security guard held on $100,000 cash bail. <br /> <br /> This neighborhood has been terrorized,'' said Detective Melvin Ruiz, who captured Feest Tuesday after catching him on camera scratching the paint on a surveillance van. <br /> <br /> Police said Feest would stalk cars with out-of-state plates, expired inspection stickers and the like while walking his husky-Dobermann pinscher Bandit.'' <br /> <br /> Sgt. Detective Thomas O'Leary kicked the investigation into high gear in March, aided by grainy still photographs of Feest taken from a hidden camera Emilia Pisani's family set up 2 years ago, hoping they'd bag the vigilante who'd repeatedly attacked their vehicles. <br /> <br /> I'm just so grateful it's over,'' Pisani said. Every day you'd have to check out your car and you'd think, Where does this viciousness come from?' ''

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Cops nail 'parking Nazi'

What a psycho.<br /><br />NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!<br /><br />Ken

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Cops nail 'parking Nazi'

I have thought of joining his cruisade at my work. People make up their own spots at the end of a row of valid painted spots. It makes it difficult to drive past them in my Chevy 1500 Extended Cab truck since the driving lane in the lot is narrowed up by the extra cars. Those things don't turn on a dime. I have left notes on their cars (under the windshield wiper) asking them to please park in marked parking spots. I've also called our security guards and reported them if they keep it up.<br /><br />We have plenty of parking at our workplace; however, our "overflow" parking is about 100 yards away from the building.<br /><br />I've never damaged a car though!