FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I think the pistons and block are the same(I think???)
I hear the only difference is the carb??
Not absolutly sure.
The stroke might be different.
Try the Mercury techs?
The blocks are the same. BUT: While the bore and stroke are the same, the porting and compression ratio is different. A simple carb change will add some horsepower but will not get the engine to 15.