Controls on Bass Tracker boats

laybackman

Cadet
I have the opportunity to buy a much newer 90HP Mercury off of a '96 Bass Tracker 175. I own a '98 Bass Tracker 185. It currently has a stock 40 HP Force engine on it, which has been upgraded to 50 HP.

My question is do these two boats have the same length controls? I can't measure mine just now and the other fellow can't get to his until tomorrow at the soonest.

Now I have looked at a bunch of photos of these two boats. Why do I think that from the drivers seat back to the transom they are identical, except my 185 might be a bit wider.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Controls on Bass Tracker boats

some merc and force motors were compatible with controls, some were not. as far as cable length, they are not hard to change. controls are motor brand specific, not boat brand specific.

laybackman

Cadet
Re: Controls on Bass Tracker boats

some merc and force motors were compatible with controls, some were not. as far as cable length, they are not hard to change. controls are motor brand specific, not boat brand specific.

Thanks for the information. My concern was that the controls are specific to each engine. If this swap does occur my boat is a BT 185 and his is a BT 175. If these two boats do not have the same dimensions from the control location to the transom his controls will be too short for my boat and my controls will be too long for his boat. That complicates the swap for both of us and we each end up with a set of controls we don't need. My guess is that controls are not cheap.