Control cables for 1964 Merc 650

ToddinTO

Cadet
Hi,

I have a 1964 Mercury 650 (based on it's serial number). The control cables have split sheaths and it is obvious that water has leaked in the cables. Now they are siezed.

I have the Mercury parts booklet for the engine but I don't see reference to the part numbers for the control cables.

The existing cables are 10 feet long (there are two of them) which are connected to the single lever console unit.

Any suggestions on where I could find the part numbers for the replacement cables would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Todd

Laddies

Banned
Re: Control cables for 1964 Merc 650

Mid 69s used 2 different boxes if you box is round in front and kinda oval in shape it would use a 29564--S or if a box that's kinda square with a inset for the choke button it uses 34555A--. The dashes are filled in with the length of the cable A11, A11 and so on.

ToddinTO

Cadet
Re: Control cables for 1964 Merc 650

Thanks for the reply!

The control box is oval in front and kinda square on the back.

Here is a photo of the ends of the control cable (same type of cable for both the transmission control and the throttle).

I have searched a few sites, shiftcables.com, iboats, boats.net and have not found any cables that match this style.

Now that I am armed with some actual part numbers I will continue searching, thanks again for Laddies for the prompt reply!

Attachments

• Merc 650 control cable.JPG
    Merc 650 control cable.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 0