Confusing Feedback on HDS7

eyes4u

Seaman
Good Afternoon, I recently installed a Lowrance HDS 7 (gen 1) and I sometimes get some wierd feedback on the screen. As you probably know, the sonar screen plots from right to left. I am getting straight lines on the screen that run from the lower left, starting at the lake bottom and running up and to the right on a 30-45 degree angleall the way to the top of the display. The lines are not very wide, but they certainly are not actual sonar returns. Does anyone have any advice on what it might be?

Also, the HDS has an internal GPS antennae, and the LMS 330c that I have on the bow keeps telling me that the GPS module is not responding. I also want to be able to see my waypoints that I stored on the HDS (helm) on my bow mounted screen. So, I think that I need to 'network' these two together. Does that make sense? IS this easy to do? Are there any advantages or disadvantages to this? My gps puck may be on it's way out, and I'm thinking that a network cable is cheaper and will yield more results than buying a new puck. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

BY the way, I did have the sonar off on the bow mounted Fish finder when I was getting the crazy feedback.

Thanks,

Eyes4U

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral
Re: Confusing Feedback on HDS7

Sounds like you may be getting some interference from somewhere. Where are you getting power for the unit from? As far as networking you might check with the people on crappie.com. A lot of them do that.