Computer Help

mshirley

Cadet
Greetings All:<br /><br />I havent been here in a while as I have been having computer problems. I was wondering if anyone knows of a board/forum that addresses computer related problems that is as easy to use as this board is?<br /><br />I know this board is dedicated to boat related issues but am I the only one that has ever had computer problems?<br /><br />I'm sure you guys & gals have a collective wealth of knowledge related to computers and with that in mind, would like to suggest a forum dedicated to that on this board.<br /><br />Input anyone?

ebbtide176

Commander
Re: Computer Help

its been a while since i was there, but back when i really needed help on many areas, and helped others out of sheer need for improving my skills, i went here:<br /> http://www.tek-tips.com/index.cfm?CFID=9896722&CFTOKEN=32412956 <br />ask them anything, let them know your skill level, good people are there...<br /><br />>not that i'm a super geek, i just hate dealing with computers any more than i have to nowadays ;) now if you need info on using a hammer, shovel or a fishing lure, i'd probably be willing- lol

mshirley

Cadet

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out. I'm gonna put together a new PC just so I can kick the crap out of this one everytime I walk by it. Your welcome to partake... Bring your hammer, shovel, whatever if you like. While a bit bulky, it might serve as a boat anchor or weight for sinking brush.

Homerr

Commander

Well, my pocketbook learnt' the hard way on computers.<br /><br />I'll NEVER buy a store bought 'puter again.<br />I build all of mine from scratch now. They are cheaper and much better.<br /><br />You can build a kick-arse computer with all the bells and whistles for around $700. That's with good quality components too. No cheap garbage either. <br />I just put together a system for a friend for just under $500. That included a 64MB TI200 Geoforce video, burner, and 1.4 gig AMD T-Bird. Quite the gaming system.<br /><br />Sure, you can get more stuff with one of those store-buys, but see how long they last....And then try to call tech support! Hahahahah!<br /><br />H.

88spl

Petty Officer 1st Class

One site that has helped me outa many a jam is PC Machanic:)http://www.pcmech.com/<br />Whachout, can be quite addictive this site.