Comprop

Tiger123245

Cadet
Anyone ever used a Comprop? I have a 23' pontoon with a 1990 90 HP Force dual exhaust outboard.<br />I'd like to know what people think of Comprops. Better than aluminum? As good as? Worse?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Comprop

Non-repair topic.

north40

Petty Officer 1st Class

All I have heard is they good only as a spare. They flex too much and break with little impact. I have no first hand info just what I have read on boards.<br />Bob

north40

Petty Officer 1st Class

All I have heard is they are good only as a spare. They flex too much and break with little impact. I have no first hand info just what I have read on boards.<br />Bob

Mercury140-I6

Petty Officer 1st Class

I had one on my 1979 Merc 140. Used it one full year, half way through the second year, I was launching, got in to start the boat. Fired right up, put it in reverse and it died. Tilted the motor up (Thinking I had something wedged between the prop and lower unit), nothing there, tilted it back down in the water. (By this time I had drifted off the trailer), fire it up and put it in forward, and it stumbled a little, then ran very smooth, but I wasn't going anywhere (At least I thought), I was moving VERY slowly. Turns out all 4 blades broke off leaving about an inch and that was enough to manuver back to the trailer and put on my alluminum prop. <br /><br />Told company about it and they said that there was nothing that they could and/or would do about it.<br /><br />Never have tired one since.<br /><br />Hope this helps.<br /><br />Craig