Composite Propellers...

dwci97

Seaman
I just bought a Pirhana composite propeller and was wondering if anyone else uses them and if you do what do you think of it. The prop salesman sure is sold on them and got me to buy one. He said if I didnt like it he would refund my money to me. Cant beat that for a deal can you. I am anxious to try it out and see how it holds up in the muddy Illinois River waters.

dymo

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Composite Propellers...

Please let us know when you've tried it out. I may want one to put on my motor or just keep it as a spare.

suzukidave

Petty Officer 1st Class

I also found that dealers seem to just love them which makes the suspicious part of me think there's a big mark up on them. I tried one out and found it was basically the same performance as aluminum, but it didn't fit the hub of my motor properly even though it was designed to fit it so I passed.

Champ9969

Recruit

Let us all know how you like it! I just bought one and what sold me was changable blades. What kind of boat and motor do you have?

bmurray

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The Bass Pro Shop outlet store in Springfield had a bunch of them on clearance for around $50.00 or so.

dwci97

Seaman

I have a 1990 Maxum with a 90 horse FORCE motor. The dealer soldit to me for 120 bucks. I will let you all know how it runs for me. I plan to go out an evening this week and rn it. The interchangeable blades is very cool. The web site is www.pirahnapropellers.com<br /><br />I might go to Springfield and buy another one if this one works out. Springfield Illinois I presume....