Competition - ya gotta love it!!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Today the new Cabela's in Fort Worth opens for business. They say it dwarfs the Bass Pro Shop.<br /><br />Coincidently, Bass Pro Shops is holding their first ever Sportsmans Hunting and Fishing Expo today through Monday. Five-hour specials, starting with 50% off all Zoom lures. Seminars & demonstrations from pro's & guides. Six months no interest/no payments on purchases of $200 or more.<br /><br />I have this vision of myself frozen at a freeway junction with that deer-in-the-headlights look; east to Bass Pro or west to Cabelas? Heads Cabelas, tails BPS...no, heads BPS...help!

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Re: Competition - ya gotta love it!!

j,<br />Go for the gusto....hit'm both. Just put half your money in one pocket, (BPS) and half in your other pocket, (Cabelas) problem solved.

brother chris

Commander

Okay, I was not sure if this was another case of the big business coming in and taking over and wiping out the small business man. <br />So I did a search on it and it looks like they are both big retailers(so to say). At least that is my impression from their websites. <br />But since this is not the case, shop at both places!<br />If one is a smaller business, shop there instead. Help the smaller dude!<br />And that is my .02 cents.

Homerr

Commander

We don't have anything like that around my area.<br />Catalog/internet order for me!<br /><br />Which is OK... I hate traffic anyway.<br /><br />Have fun shopping!<br />H.

aspeck

Staff member

Man, it takes me 2 1/2 hours to get to Cabelas! I am jealous! JEALOUS!

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

jtexas, that is a dilema!! which one to go to first and how mush $$$ to spend at each place. Decision, decision, decision..... :D :D

ColdFire

Petty Officer 3rd Class

jtexas, in about a year I will have the same problem... And I can't wait, although BPS will win out, it will only be 30 min away versis 45 for Cabelas :D

Twidget

Commander

For me Cabelas is a lot closer. I seriously hate going up in the area by BPS. Traffic is a killer.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

I take it you have been to BPS before....Definatly West...Cabelas is worth the drive just to see the reprodution mounts. But it may not hurt to wait a few weeks ........That place is gonna be a madhouse.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Basspro is a lot closer to for me, but that ain't gonna stop me from checking cabelas out, that in itself would have to be at least a few visits, from what i hear the place is a bit smaller than Texas :D <br /><br />Hey Twidget! I'm in Carrollton, what part of DFW are you at?