Compartment above engine - 1975 21' Cuddy

TBarCYa

Senior Chief Petty Officer
More questions about my 1975 21' Cuddy... There is a compartment above the engine that has two wooden hatches and a drain that exits thru the transome. This compartment appears to have been insulated although the insulation is about 80% missing. The compartment runs about 50% of the width of the transome and has the engine compartment vents on either side. What I'd like to know is what is this compartment for? Can I plug the drain and use it for a bait box or is it best used for non-perishables?

Thanks.

TBarCYa

Re: Compartment above engine - 1975 21' Cuddy

I finally got some pictures of my boat and think that perhaps the pics may help someone understand the compartment I'm talking about. There are two teak hatches covering one compartment. You can see the compartment under the white deck in the first pic.

lg_100_5198.jpg

lg_100_5199.jpg

75 regal

Recruit

Hello Tbarcya,
I am also the owner of a 21' Regal that was manufactured in 1975. We have a Regal 300 LE. My family is the original owner. I have never seen anyone else with one!!! The teak doors you speak of actually open up into what was originally supposed to be a fish holding tank. I also see that your boat originally had two side cushions that go on either side of the engine compartment, that are missing. There should also be a big teak piece that covers up the area where the batteries go on each side. It looks like your boat may have been stripped down a little bit. Feel free to ask any thing else that puzzles you. My boat is in mint condition, with all original fittings and engine. She is powered by a Chevy Corvette engineer that Marine Power Corporation made for Regal. We also have the original owners manual. She is bright yello and aptly named Mello Yello.

TBarCYa

I know it's been a while since your post, but if you have any pictures of the rear of your boat I would love to see how my boat is supposed to be setup.

Thanks.

75 regal

Recruit

I can send you some pictures, but I have no idea how to do it????? I tried photobucket.com, but could not get anything to download.