commercial striper license.

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Next year we plan to take our 19 footer which is registered in Mass. And do 1 week of commercial fishing for finfish.Our targets will be striped bass,haddock and possibly some tuna.
This trip will probably cost us an arm and a leg,but we want to try to cover at least some of the expense with our catch and also be able to have a larger bag limit to fill our freezers.
We need to take out a few permits. Probably a boat permit, a tuna permit,and rod and line permits for my B.I.L. and myself..
I would like to know what is allowed as far the rules are concerned.When we have two legal rod and line permits on the boat,do we have 2 separate limits? Or does the boat itself carry the limit?
As always thank you for your opinions and comments.

Fly Rod

Commander
Re: commercial striper license.

Hello Rolmps!!!!
Sorry that it took so long to respond. Been very busy.

Here is where you want to look for the info

www.mass.gov/dfwele/dmf/index.html

A boat permit covers everyone on your boat. The permitted boat still needs a $35.00 striped bass endorsement to catch the commercial daily fish limit.

a $35.00 individual permit holder allows only the holder to catch the limit. Here is where you have to be careful because if you have for exsample 3-4 people with an individual striped bass permit you are still only going to catch the allowable boat limit . If the limit is 30 fish a day, having 4 individual permits does not allow you to have 120 fish, only the 30 fish boat limit. If all 4 of you were fishing from shore then each of you are allowed 30 fish each

Have a GREAT DAY!!!!

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: commercial striper license.

Thanks,Flyrod.
That is exactly what I needed to know.
Enjoy the fall run!