Comliments to the compay that cleaned my fuel injectors

Port Monster

Cadet
As some of you may know from another post I have on this site, on the first run of the year I lost a motor; blew a hole in the top of a piston on my Mercury 225 EFI. After discussing the issue (with photos) on several forums, the general concensus was that this particular cylinder ran lean and the likely cause was a clogged fuel injector. After some more reading I kept coming across posts that recomended sending the fuel injectors to Brucato Inc. for servicing. After some more reading I learned that Brucato takes your injectors, runs a pre test, cleans them, runs a post test and adjust all of the injectors back to factory specs so they are in sync. As an additional bonus, they allowed you to number your injectors before you sent them out and they would use your numbers in the test so that you knew what the injector performance for each cylinder was and tehy send you a report of the numbers for each injector. Just what the doctor ordered.

I boxed the injectors up, filled out the form and added a comment that I was sending the injectors to them because of engine trouble and would use the report to help diagnose the problem. I also advised that I was trying to get the motor back in service by Memorial Day (I sent them on May 19th via overnight delivery).

This is where it starts to get amazing - the first thing they did when they received the injectors was to email me and advise me they had them (not that big a deal). The next day they tested the injectors and as soon as they had the test Linda called me on my cell phone. She advised that she had the pre-test results and wanted to know what kind of problem I was having. When I explained she advised that it was not the injectors as they were all runnign rich; 7% at idle and 3% at WOT. And to boot - injector #6 was the richest of all of them. Normally I would have expected the call to end - but after I sighed she kept talking to me about the problem. When she heard I had photos she asked me to email them to her and she would have Tony look at them. Within an hour of hitting send Tony was on the phone. He had looked at the pictures and the injector report and said it was his opinion it was not the injectors or a lean condition. He then talked to me for 20 minutes giving me the history of the EFI, telling me about the different computers and problems they had with them for my year motor and answered every question I threw at him. I am convinced he would have spoken to me for 45 minutes if I needed hime to.

I was amazed - I did not pay for advice - I simply paid for injector cleaning. They did not have to call, look at the photos or help me out at all. But they did - they went well above and beyond what I would have expected of any company. And that is why I am writing my very first post about the service that was provided by a company.

This is not to knock any other injector servicing business as this is the only one I have used. And, I do not know these folks and have no financial interest in their company. I just want those on this site that wrench their own motors like I do to know that this service is out there. And, I did some rough math and with that one motor I estimate I will save at least 100 gallons of gas this season (on this one motor)! And added bonus!

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Re: Comliments to the compay that cleaned my fuel injectors

All the above is the reason I send and suggest others to use their services.....

1nebel0

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Comliments to the compay that cleaned my fuel injectors

I just said this in a post with a EFI motor having problems.. I send my injectors out every year to Brucato as yearly maintainance. The price is small when compared to eating a motor due to running lean.. Their service is second to none as you experienced and I put their name out as often as I can.