Come back to Jessie

Buttanic

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I can not confirm if this happen but I sure hope it did.<br /><br />This is from an anchorman from Baton Rouge, La. <br />"Yesterday the Rev. Jesse Jackson showed up in Baton Rouge, I wished he would<br />have showed up in Sheriff Harry Lee's office as we would have NEVER heard<br />from him again, he said, "Bush has NOT appointed a Single Black to head up<br />this Katrina Relief, the Black Caucus and Black Leaders all over America are<br />upset with him putting the Black Folks on the side and it is OUR people who<br />are sitting on their Roof Tops waiting for Rescue, OUR people who are<br />standing in line at the Superdome waiting on Food, Water and a Ride to a<br />safe black, OUR people who have been locked down in Poverty and so on" <br /><br />George Sell the Anchorman for TV 9 news responded to Jesse, "Rev. Jackson,<br />the Mayors of New Orleans and Baton Rouge are Black, the Police Chief's of<br />New Orleans and Baton Rouge are Black, the Head of the LA State Police is<br />Black, the Head of the Army conducting the Army's operation on the Ground in<br />New Orleans is Black, the Congressman from New Orleans is Black and for the<br />last 40 years, the leaders of LA have been members of the Democratic Party,<br />YOUR Party, don't blame us like you are doing, look in the Mirror, you pull<br />the Race Card any time you don't get your way, we are in a Terrible Crisis<br />and right now we need to come together and here you come to Louisiana and<br />holler Racism, just like you do, it is NEVER EVER your fault, ALWAYS someone<br />else, but here you are sitting High and Dry, why don't you go out in to the<br />waters where they are shooting at the Rescue personnel and help in the<br />Rescue???' My hats off to George Sell for putting him in his place, Harry<br />Lee would have put Jesse in his place.This is a time to come together and<br />work together, not the time to Pull the Race Card but this does NOT suprise<br />me!!

Braxton

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Come back to Jessie

Oh how i wish id seen that, thanks for sharing!

QC

Supreme Mariner

Please, oh please somebody confirm this!!!

KaGee

Admiral

I read that someplace else too. Wish i could verify it for you.