Collinite Fiberglass Boat Wax #925 or Collinite Fleetwax #870?

NCLakeboater

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am confused, what is the difference between the Collinite Fiberglass Boat Wax #925 or Collinite Fleetwax #870? I would be using either of these products on a new boat, but they appear very similar from their descriptions.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral
Re: Collinite Fiberglass Boat Wax #925 or Collinite Fleetwax #870?

The 870 is a cleaner wax,meaning it has some fine abrasive in the wax.
It would work fine but for a new boat the the 925 would be a better choice,Its pure wax no abrasives.With a brand new boat you don't need the cleaner type wax.
The 925 would do nice,easy on and off with a great shine.

NCLakeboater

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks Gary

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

For the best results use the #920 cleaner first. It removes all the ground in dirt and grime and leaves a nice surface for the wax to stick too.

I've used the #925 before but prefer #885. The #885 holds much much better. Put a coat on at the beginning of the season followed by a second coat 2 weeks or so later.

After that you shouldn't need anything but water and perhaps a little car washing soap (no detergents) to clean up. You'll be good to go for at least a year.

NCLakeboater

Petty Officer 2nd Class

For the best results use the #920 cleaner first. It removes all the ground in dirt and grime and leaves a nice surface for the wax to stick too.

I've used the #925 before but prefer #885. The #885 holds much much better. Put a coat on at the beginning of the season followed by a second coat 2 weeks or so later.

After that you shouldn't need anything but water and perhaps a little car washing soap (no detergents) to clean up. You'll be good to go for at least a year.

Can the 885 be applied by hand without a power buffer?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

I do not use a buffer. Collinite is removed while it is still wet so you do not have much time to mess around with a buffer. Apply the wax to a small area then go back and immediately wipe if off.

NCLakeboater

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I do not use a buffer. Collinite is removed while it is still wet so you do not have much time to mess around with a buffer. Apply the wax to a small area then go back and immediately wipe if off.

Thanks