College Starting

nothreat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My oldest son left for college last week. I have two other sons and it just amazes me how empty the house feels with just one gone. I never realized just how much space a kid takes in your life. I think I was a pretty good dad - the kid turned out great, but I have spent the last week walking around thinking "I should have done more of this and less of that". Kinda makes me realize what a jerk I was to my parents when I left home. Anyone else going through this now?

Pascal

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: College Starting

Yup - all of it !!!!!!!!!!!!! Cept its my youngest son and he moved home for college. <br /><br />JD

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

I once heard someone say, "Life begins when the last kid leaves home and the dog dies."<br />Seriously, I've felt those feelings and it seems as though the older we get, the closer we come to seeing life through our parents' eyes.<br />Learn from it, nothreat, it's a good thing. :) :)

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Me too, same feelings; and my son's been away at school for 6, going on 7, years.

JasonB

Lieutenant

I know what you mean and my daughter isn't 2 yet, but we spent the day moving my niece in at College. She's 1.5hr from her mom/dad and about 45min from us in the other direction. It was a tough day for me as I watched her start life away from home. She's a good kid, now adult, witha good head on her shoulders, but I remember the day she was born like it was last week..... She has an opportunity to do something that none of the rest of the family could ever do. Not only was she Valedictorian of her class, but is at a private college partly on a Softwall scholarship. <br /><br />Can't imagine what it will be like when mine gets that age and I go through this for my own....

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Helped move daughter # 1 into K-State Saturday. I was ok all day moving her in and saying good by, then when I got home and looked in her room a flood of emotions and memories was more than this ol boy could take. Broke down and cried like a big ol baby. Give them strong roots and strong wings.

nothreat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Booner,<br /><br />I know what you mean about the empty room. I teased my boy all summer that the day after he left his room would become my den. Now I don't want to move anything in there. My son left first. Now my friends kids are are leaving this week and it is tough to watch them as well. I think I'll go fishing with my dad next weekend.

D

DJ

Nothreat,<br /><br />I'm in the same boat. Two sons, now gone.<br /><br />My wallet is just as empty. ;)

one more cast

Captain

lol, I didn't even see this post until just after I started my Baby girl moved away post.

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

OMC, it is true that the temp in NY is only 65 deg... (as per your temp gauge in Pool Cam)Send those cool temp down top texas. Need them bad.