Cold starting

aldbra

Cadet
I have a 2002 60hp 4 stroke that has always been cold natured when first trying to start. I bought it new in 2002 and have put up with it ever since. Once it has warmed up there is no problems. I have just recently cleaned the carbs and syncronized them with a monometer. I have even checked the fuel enrichners for operation when cold. They open up normal after 3 to 5 minutes. Does anyone have any insight to why it has always been cold natured? Thanks for any input.

aldbra

Cadet
Re: Cold starting

It doesn't have a warm up lever. You can advance the throttle lever but this does not make a difference.

Makky

Cadet

I have the same problem. I wonder if there is any solution. I have a 2001 50hp Yamaha
and my son has the identical motor. We both have had the same problem since day one.
I know these engines have four carbs. Does it pay to have them syncronized. Does any
one have any opinions on this?
Thanks.

Makky

aldbra

Cadet

Makky, I have already syncronized them with a 4 bank monometer. It doesn't make a diifference for the cold starting problem. There is only one other thing that should effect the cold stating circuit and that is the fuel enrichners. There are two enrichners. One for the top carbs and one for the bottom carbs. I pulled both enrichners and supplied 12 volts to them. Both move the plungers outward after several minutes with voltage supplied. This is normal but the cold start issue is still there. I have lived with this since my engine was new in 2002. Maybe it is the nature or a bad design from the factory. Let me know if you hear anything different. Thanks