Cleveland,OH help-mix screw

stcroixjoe

Cadet
Oh boy am i MAD I went out today and the motor was kinda jerking ,so I was reading on here about adjusting the mix screw Man did I screw up I cant get this to run right now!!! Anybody in the Cleveland Area want to make a few bucks If you can fix it????

GrindKore

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Cleveland,OH help-mix screw

Can you please describe in details as to what has occured? Also, what year and HP your force is. I know there are several frequent forum dwelers here myself included, from Cleveland area. If you explain what has happened I'm certain other community members here can advise you.

stcroixjoe

Cadet
Re: Cleveland,OH help-mix screw

Can you please describe in details as to what has occured? Also, what year and HP your force is. I know there are several frequent forum dwelers here myself included, from Cleveland area. If you explain what has happened I'm certain other community members here can advise you.

The motor was shaking bad at idle so I figured it was the mix screw,So I grabbed my manual and read some post's on here and started trying to adjust them now I can get it to idle but when i rev it up it will die and stall and it smoked real bad The Motor is a 1989 150hp. What to they mean in the book by slightly seated ,you feel tenision one the screw, the spring starts to touch I dont understand
I live in Carlisle Township which is by grafton,elyria,North ridgeville area
I'm just really upset that this happened,another question I have a 21' boat I had an 85 hp force it pused my boat 27 mph now this 150 i only get 34-35 mph does that sound right ???? I would think it would go faster ,what pitch prop should i run??