Cleaning white oil from engine parts DF115 04'

AlwaysFishn'

Seaman Apprentice
OK Folks I've got water mixed with oil that I know but what is the best solution in getting all the gunk out? (White contaminated oil)

I have some Super Degreaser Nonflammable solution almost feels like a soap but it's a degreaser concentrate 1 to 20 gallons of water started to clean with last night but didn't feel like it was doing the job as well as say Kerosene or something else would.

robert graham

Admiral
Re: Cleaning white oil from engine parts DF115 04'

WD-40 would be good, has an excellent solvent and water dispersant, and a lubricant that will leave a protectant film on metal surfaces. I would use a toothbrush, clean rags, blow parts off with an air hose when you're done. Probably not a good idea to "strip" a surface with carb cleaner or very strong detergents leaving them open to corrosion. Good Luck!

izoomie

Petty Officer 1st Class

Are you talking about the oil in your lower unit? Where are you getting it out of?

robert graham

Admiral

Another real good cleaner I use all the time is Mineral Spirits(Paint Thinner) mixed about half and half with Naptha with a couple of ounces of outboard motor oil in it. The little bit of oil leaves a nice protective film on metal surfaces. I put it in a spray bottle and spray it right where I want it, maybe a brush or a rag and then blow it off with air hose. Works great!

AlwaysFishn'

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks folks for all the insights. I'm on it.

mutch

Seaman Apprentice

diesel is cheap and does not dry out