Cleaning the Garden out.........

ehenry

Commander
Started cleaning the garden out yesterday afternoon and pulled up 3 jalapeno pepper plants. Below is what came off. I'm going to candy them. Anybody got any other suggestions for them? I have 8 more plants that are loaded.<br /><br />
076354.JPG

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: Cleaning the Garden out.........

Pretty picture ef. Mine got way too hot to do anything with this year.<br /><br />I guess you could always crush them up mix them with bottom paint for your boat, it'll keep the barnacles off. :)

ehenry

Commander

PAINT A BOAT BOTTOM?!?!?!? I dont reckon I'll be painting my boat bottom with these since I dont have a barnicle problem.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

got any ideas...sure.<br /><br /><br />take you about a qt full. cut them in half - length wise...clean them out.<br /><br />make you a mixture of the following.<br /><br />1/3 cup chopped (crushed) pecans<br />1/3 cup chopped green onions<br />1/2 bottle of the real bacon bits (not bacos)...<br />1/3 cup colby jack cheese<br />1/3 cup (more or less) of real mayonaise. <br /><br />mix up real good then fill in the jalepenos.<br /><br />if we make more, we up everything to 1/2 cup and use the whole bottle of the bacon bits!<br /><br />don't let none get on your check cause your tongue will beat you 1/2 to death lickin' it off!

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Used to string red cayenne's with needle and thread, hang to dry, and grind Great for anything cooked.

one more cast

Captain

Cut them in half length wise, stuff them with cream cheese or chedder, bread them and pop them in the deep fat. Dip in berry sauce of sauce of your choice and enjoy. Yum You can also freeze them after frying and refry another day. Another option is to just take the stems and seeds out and put them in a freezer bag and freeze for later use.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

my wife make armidillo eggs (now that's some good chow) but I don't know the recipe for it.....but it will make you slap your momma away from the table they're that good! :D

ehenry

Commander

Kelton, I dont know about slappin mamma....Daddy tends to frown on that. That recipe up there you posted though sound mighty sporty. I'm going to have lots more and I might try that with some of them.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

efhenry...that was a joke :D they're so good you'll do anything to keep them to yourself.<br /><br />try the recipe I posted. We take that to parties or gatherings and they are the first to go with people requesting more!<br /><br />the key is real mayonaise, rinse the peppers. you may have to use more than 1/3 depending on how many you make....but they are awesome.

LadyFish

Admiral

Cut them in half, clean them out, stuff them with raw Italian sausage, wrap each half with a half a piece of bacon, baste them with Teriyaki sauce/glaze and grill them.<br /><br />Always a big hit!!! :) <br /><br />My recipe will make you slap KK. :D

ehenry

Commander

Ms Ladyfish, that sounds mighty sporty too!!

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Commonly called ABT's (Atomic Buffalo *urds). Stuffed with bbq, wrapped in bacon and smoked.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

String them up and dry them. They make great decorations and can be plucked for authentic flavoring of whatever.

ehenry

Commander

KK, MS Ladyfish, yall play nice now ! ! Ya hear?

rwise

Captain

take a few ripe peppers and slow smoke them (180*)until dry! goes great in chili and other foods!

FSHKPR

Ensign

i usually take some of my peppers and dry them real good in dehydrater, then put in a coffee grinder. i use this on just about everything, pizza, chili, eggs, whatever i want to spice up. usually i grow habeneros. i also freeze a bunch. and now i think i will have to try kk's recipe. sounds really good.