Cleaner for plastic window

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a BMW convertable, the convertable top has a plastic rear window. The window has clouded to the point it is hard to see thru. Any Ideas on how to make this window more clear.

Thanks

Spud

dolluper

Captain
Re: Cleaner for plastic window

Try Bon-ami powder cleaner in the cans only thing I know that doesn't scratch glass

i386

Captain

Never tried 'em but google Novus plastic polish. They have a lot of products for restoring plastics.

woosterken

Lieutenant

try flitz polish the say it cleans plastic windows.
flitz dot com
woosterken

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Novus is the best plastic polish I have used. Many motorcycle shops sell it.

When I restored a few convertibles I always just would give up on the polish since it is normally both sides that needed to be done.....:( I would remove the top and take it to an awning company and have new plastic sewn in. In the long run it was cheaper and easier. Looked great when it was replaced too.

Toon

Cadet

meguires makes plastic polish and a cleaner you can also use a mild compound

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks all, I purchased some Novus, steps one and two. Have not had enough time to totally try it out. Tried a small spot and I could see a difference without trying real hard. I am trying to get to the shop to do a total inside and out job, will report when I do It.

If this does not satisfy, will try other suggested products.

Spud

mangohater

Cadet

I regularly use Novus products to clear up light scratches on my center console windscreens, and have been happy with the results. Needs some serious elbow sometimes too. My plastic supplier highly recommended Flitz. I will be giving it a try.

Others in another forum swear by some stuff called "gel gloss' found at ACE hardware. Said to work better than bon ami. This stuff seems to do majic on old yellowed glass and plastic windows.