Classic Country Music

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class
We now have two radio stations that play country music from the 60's 70's and 80's. "Country Classics" Is old country music making a come back in your part of the country? The stuff I grew up listening to. :cool:

Fly Rod

Commander
Re: Classic Country Music

:) I like country music very much!!!<br />Here in Mass we now have 2 country stations!!!!<br /><br />And when ever there is a country singer at the music theater just 15 minutes up the road the wife and I get the tickets!!!! We have had many top country singers such as Reba; Wyonna; Clint Black and many other top stars!!!! And there isn't one bad seat in the house and the stage rotates!!!! ;) :cool:

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Me thinks that classic country would'nt do well in this market, but if we did have it here, I'd listen to it from time to time... I can't stand this new pop-country junk.. yuck!<br /><br />BTW.. there's some way to listen to music on thru your puter on yahoo, and they have classic country.. ;)

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I really enjoy country music and my car radio is tuned into a country station everyday. I tried listening to all news station a few months ago to keep up on what's going on in the world,but I'd just end up not very happy. Sometimes down right pi$$ed. So I listen to country. It keeps me calm and cool.<br />We have a new country station that plays music all day commercial free. Why you ask? Well, they were counrty and then they decided to change to another kind of music and that didn't go as well, so now I would guess they're trying to get their audience back. No commercials works for me.<br />We have 3 or 4 country stations here in this area.<br />Bassy

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

Snapperbait I'm with you buddy. I used to play country music for many years and loved it. Now I don't even want to hear the new pop country dooky... ever since the "hat" gang got popular. It seems that every country singer today wears a big hat and has his nose stuffed with cow poop or something. What's with the big hats? They think that they are cowboys? What's that got to do with country music? Bring back Faron Young, Ray Price, Roger Miller, Merle Haggard, etc, etc. But since I got XM radio in my pickup and car I can listen to all the oldies (rock and country) that I want. Gotta love XM even with the cost.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

If you like real country music, check out www.wdvx.com online. It was being broadcast from a mobile home in Norris, TN. I understand they now have a studio.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Have 2 in the Fort, both dissed the Dixie Pigs. Most of the classic rock overplay the same thing.<br />Love the Eddie Rabbitt, and Milsap (80's) and Waylon. Still prefer Boston, but it will be 6 more years before a new disc is out.

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

It is like almost every other station is a country music station over here in Texas. Love it but can't stand the rap music.

KennyKenCan

Commander

Sorry folks, a Rock & Roll fan here!<br /><br />Here in NY City, Country music stations come and go. Mostly go...<br /><br />Not much market for Country music in the Big Apple.<br /><br />Mostly that Rap Crap...