Ciera 2650 - are they any good..this one and Bayliners generally

scottfromoz

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi all. I am in Queensland Australia. I live near Moreton Bay, which is pretty big and has often steep sharp chop and gets pretty rough. I am keen to upgrade to a Bayliner and like the look of a 2650 Ciera with a 5.7 Merc. I like the look of them and the trim for the cash. I want to know how they go for heavy seas. In Oz people often say that they are a calm weather boat - pure cruiser, but I would appreciate some feedback from people in the know...and the best place for that is their home..USA.

Cheers

scottfromoz

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Ciera 2650 - are they any good..this one and Bayliners generally

Do the 110 people that have viewed this thread really have nothing useful to add?

Cheers

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander

For the money you can't beat a Bayliner. I will agree that they are not made to run with the Bertram's, Ocean's or Rybo's but a good solid boat. More of a common sense issue on penetrating 10 foot swells at 4000 r.p.m.'s which would be totally insane in ANY boat. I find that the Bayliner's in general are well built ( some of the older one's are tanks ) and will pretty much handle anything you put it against. Again, it's the common sense value of the operator that determines the operational value of a boat. They will do what you want and bring you home each and every time. A very "user friendly" vessel.

scottfromoz

Petty Officer 3rd Class

cheers mate...really appreciate the comments. The largest swell I would push her through would be 6 feet or so.

CHEERS