Chuck's a true prince

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer
C is the love of your life but you marry D. <br /><br />Makes sense at the very beginning.<br /><br />C is married to PB<br /><br />Shag C while you're married to D, while C is married to PB. <br /><br />D dies, you continue to shag C who divorces from PB.<br /><br />You're the next in line to be head of the Church of England but you "choose" to marry C in a civil ceremony. Naturally, as the future head of the Church of England you'd do this as a principled choice rather than because you can't find a C of E cleric prepared to marry you.<br /><br />Your mum is the current head of the Church of England but she isn't going to attend your marriage ceremony. Along with the senior C of E clerics, who can't do better than a blessing ceremony after you're spliced in the civil ceremony.<br /><br />Everybody says this is quite normal and not to worry because mum and others are respecting your request for a low key ceremony.<br /><br />After all, the last time you were married, to D while you really loved C, it was a pretty low key affair also, apart from the full state ceremony in the cathedral televised around the world, the splendid horse drawn carriage, sundry mounted and marching military, all your family being there for the whole thing from start to finish, and so on.<br /><br />Yup, this is definitely just another royal marriage with the full approval of the reigning monarch and the Church of England she heads.<br /><br />Priceless!

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Chuck's a true prince

It is all to overblown. In reality they are wealthy only. Alot of BS.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Are you really that bored, Tink?

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Can't England just skip over Chucky and make Wills King when the queen retires? Seems to me I recall a king that abdicated to marry a divorcee.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Sounds like an episode of Jerry Springer. The palace grounds dont happen to have a trailer on it somewhere, do they?<br /><br /> :D <br /><br />Ken

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br /> Sounds like an episode of Jerry Springer. The palace grounds dont happen to have a trailer on it somewhere, do they?<br /><br /> :D <br /><br />Ken
Don't know about a trailer, i'm sure that they could find a dungeon or two :D

Tinkerer

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Are you really that bored, Tink?
Seems so.<br /><br />But nowhere near as bored as I'd be if I was a 56 year old unemployed bloke drawing the best dole in the world with servants to attend to my every whim at my various town and country estates while I fill in time waiting for mum to die so I can take over the family business of being head of various countries, not to mention my very own church which, alas, won't allow allow any of its clerics to officiate at my wedding to the delectable Camilla which my family also isn't willing to attend. One of the servants must have stuffed up organising the service and sending out the invitations. Off with his head!<br /><br />Chucky boy is about to visit Australia to check over the family assets in the Antipodes. Unfortunately poor old Camilla can't make it. Probably flat out selecting the right shade of black for her wedding dress.<br /><br />News reports from the UK in the past couple of days are most unflattering to the star-struck couple. Seems that the common people in Britain are bored rigid with the whole affair and don't much care for either of them. That's the problem with educating the common people. They get ideas above their station and think they're entitled to pass judgment on their betters. Wouldn't be allowed in a proper monarchy.

Tinkerer

Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> Seems to me I recall a king that abdicated to marry a divorcee.
Yes, and if that wasn't bad enough she was an American as well. :D <br /><br />You couldn't be content with getting rid of the Crown from the continental US, 160 years later you had to hunt the poor ba$tards down in their own country and take the throne away from them. :D

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

but here in the US we do have a bright side. :) yall get them and not us. we already have enough folks who think they are worth way more than they are :)