Chrysler Overheat Alarm (buzzer)

dymo

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi all,<br /><br />I need an overheat alarm for my 1979, 70hp Chrysler, Model # 709H9A, Serial # 2056 as the original horn itself no longer works. Do I need a dealer part or can I use any kind of 12 volt horn (buzzer)? The other question would be, should I just hook up a temperature sensor gauge?<br /><br />Any input would be appreciated.<br /><br />Dymo

seanbodie

Recruit
Re: Chrysler Overheat Alarm (buzzer)

Is that what that is?! I often hear an alarm when I drive my 75 hp Chrysler on a KC thermoglass boat. I always stop and wait and then start her back up and go and then she usually seems fine. I worry what that alarm is for. Can anyone confirm that its an engine overheat alarm? or is it a KC Thermoglass thing?

bashr52

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Chrysler Overheat Alarm (buzzer)

Is that what that is?! I often hear an alarm when I drive my 75 hp Chrysler on a KC thermoglass boat. I always stop and wait and then start her back up and go and then she usually seems fine. I worry what that alarm is for. Can anyone confirm that its an engine overheat alarm? or is it a KC Thermoglass thing?

If you hear a buzzer going off when you are running you boat, that would be the overheat alarm. You need to figure out why it is going off. Water pump in good condition and pumping plenty of water?

To answer the OP, the overheat alarm simply closes a grounding circuit and sets off the alarm. You do not necessarily need a special buzzer for this, you could even wire up an old car horn or something to serve this purpose!