Chrysler or Evinrude Lark

Barnbldr

Cadet
I've been told I only get to keep one, both run great right now. Which one would you guys pick to keep?<br />1973 35HP Chrysler<br />1975 35HP Evinrude Lark

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Chrysler or Evinrude Lark

Evinrude. No-brainer for me.<br /><br />You can get parts and you need them less often.

D

DJ

I'm not touching this one. Last time I did, folks from one camp had my head on a stick.

novicetech

Petty Officer 1st Class

Even I would keep the Evinrude, for the simple reason of the parts issue and also the reliability issue, the last time I was simply stating that Chrysler outboards, when properly maintained would last as long as any. I am sorry if I offended you DJ, It was not my intention.

walleyehed

Admiral

Chrysler outboards, when properly maintained would last as long as any.
There has never been a Chrysler last long enough hour-wise to confirm this....<br />Stick with the 'Rude unless you have a great desire to paddle....it WILL quit, it's just the fact you are one of the lucky few that it hasn't left you already.

JRJ

Commander

Like in court, only ask the question if you know the answer :p

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

Uhhh, guys, there's no such animal as a '75 Evinrude 35hp Lark. The only 35hp Larks came out in between 1957 and 1959. The Lark name was also used on some 40 horses in the 1960s and on a 50hp looper twin in the early 1970s....<br /><br />If the motor is indeed a 35hp Lark, then it's MUCH older than 1975...<br /><br />- Scott

walleyehed

Admiral

If it IS a '57, chances are it'll still outlast the Chrysler...