Christmas lights

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Christmas lights

I dont put up a lot, took a total of one hour. I dont get on the roof.<br /><br />No one else on my street has them.<br /><br />Ken

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Think I'm gonna put up a few, if I can find the dang things...

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Wife will have me putting them up the day I get home next week.<br /><br />AK Chappy<br /><br /><br />Well,<br />maybe the next day.<br /> ;)

jimr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

my wife had me put ours up about the 2nd week in november. she hates it when it gets dark out early. she does the tree with the boys cause i just dont do it right :D i think outside and in we have over 1000 lights. its fun to do as a family the kids are big enough to be in the way and help too. can't have any outside yard decorations i think the dog would eat them

Dunaruna

Admiral

Some years it turns into a 'whose got the best & brightest' in our street. I gave up years ago - some people got waaayyyy to much time on their hands. <br /><br /><br />Something in the front windows maybe.<br /><br />Aldo

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Yes, in the windows and around the fence.<br />So pretty. Love this time of year.<br />Bassy

brother chris

Commander

I shall be putting lights up all around my travel trailer. <br />No-one will be able to see them since I live on 5 acres, far from the road, but I like them.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

what and ruin my reputation around here, if I put lights up this year my neighbors will expect me to be putting them up every year...bah humbug :D <br /><br />in reality I just put them up at the barn, it's on the hill behind the house and the lights show up from afar... :)

NYMINUTE

Captain

Did outside real nice, no big tree this year just a mini. Going away for the first time. My kids can argue on someone elses turf.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Tried voting but I had to reset some stuff and now I have to reboot. So I'll just say that my house is too ugly to draw attention to it yet. Bought a fixer-upper. Just the tree and some stuff inside this year. I have a lot of stuff waiting though, taking advantage of after-Christmas sales over the years. I have boxes of new stuff that's years old. ;)

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

Kids are grown and gone - lost interest. Wife does decorate inside.

bubbakat

Captain

Don't do lights or tree anymore. To much hassle

KennyKenCan

Commander

I have installed my lights on the lower portion of my house, and now I need to get up on the roof and string the dormers. <br /><br />Was too windy last weekend, maybe this weekend...

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

Think I'm gonna put up a few, if I can find the dang things...
Snapper...You might want to start looking in Georgia after the hurricane season y'all had:D <br /><br />LF has been making noises for about a week so I guess we'll be decorating this weekend. I made a bunch of lawn ornaments a few years ago (shortly after becoming a grandpa) and they're starting to show signs of wear so they may not go up this year. I'll probably get out voted on this though.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Our company puts up christmas lights professionaly. Yes, people pay us hundreds of dollars to put up lights. I will not be putting anything up this year because I am already tired of lights. We do things like wrapping every branch on small trees, which can take a lot of lights. Running around on roofs, you name it. Hey, it wasn't my idea, it was the boss. He dreams this crap up and makes us do it....

KennyKenCan

Commander

JasonJ,<br /><br />So what you are saying is that you are a proffessional Christmas Light Installer?<br /><br />That sounds like a dream job.<br /><br />Until I'd actually have to do it!

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

Yes and they are Christmas lights not holiday lights.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Yep,already up.I gave up on the ice cycle ones this year(what a pain)and went back to the traditional multi color big bulbs, and a couple animated deer.