chip off the old block

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
when I was growin up, I was a major sports nut<br />and played every organized sport I could. of course<br />back then there wasn't much else to do, but I was<br />and still am a huge competitor. my first born son<br />was never into sports even though I tried to get<br />him involved. he's a great kid, just not a jock<br />like his dad and that's cool. my 6yr old is a diff.<br />story alltogether though. he had his first taste<br />of organized team sports today (soccer) and he was<br />a terror on the field! :D he scored 2 goals in the<br />first quater and no-one could stop him. after he<br />totally dominated, coach put him in goal in a token<br />of good sportsmanship. game ended 2-0 as he also<br />got a shut-out :D <br />MY one proud daddy today!

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: chip off the old block

That is so cool MY. Congrats!
16.gif

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Awesome, MY! Congrats to your son and his #1 fan!<br /><br />
18_3_300.gif

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Great! All kids are different and ya gotta love 'em all. I can see why you're proud...enjoy it to its fullest!

soce009

Seaman

Congrats....can't wait till my son is old enough to play sports, and playstation (he's only one and half now. :)

FSHKPR

Ensign

Hey thats great MY! my son was a good athlete. but never could not stand the Discipline it takes to be great. skipped practices all the time till finally the coachs did what they had to do and kicked him off the team. when he played he played good and i was proud watching him.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

hate to brag (not really), but he also won the up<br />to 40lb. class kiddie tractor pull (peddle one's)<br />at the local fair. blue ribbon on display in MY<br />office :D

TELMANMN

Chief Petty Officer

My daughter is competitive. Played goalie in high school(hockey). Has no fear. Was screwed over by her coach(brought in another goalie who had a name). Let it up to her to quit. Stayed on.<br /> My son has never cared about sports. Likes fishing but not as much as I would like. Go figure. <br /> Good to see you don't push or favor one over the other. Everyone should be allowed to do what they want and then do it the best one can. <br /> Don't push the jock but be there. Thats all we can do for our childern.