Check your phone bills...

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander
Any you guys paying 2 or more long distance bills? I checked my phone bill yesterday and found charges from 2 diferent long distance phone companies on there, so I spent the rest of the day talking and harrasing them with only frustrating results. I had been charged 2-3 times for the same calls, and some of the charges were over a buck a minute. I should have caught this months ago, but I am busy and don't pay attention. The part of the bill that caught my eye was a small charge from "Integretel", When I called them they laughed at me and hung up. Now I am talking to a PUC investigator, he says I will likely get all my money back, but how many of you are being ripped off? If you all check your phone bills and find charges for "unregulated services", or charges for anything you don't understand, call your phone company and question. I also signed up with "Talk America" from AOL site a few years ago. They charged my credit card at over 2 bucks a minute, and when I called them, the reply was that they would fix it...well, month after month after month no change, I finally had to dispute with credit card co. and got some of the charges dropped. Long story short, they're fraudulently making money on the backs of hardworking people...here's a link I just found that might help, if anybody else has a problem like this.<br />Rant over...so, that's what I did yesterday, Chief. <br /> http://www.ripoffreport.com/results...&searchtype=0&submit2=Search!&q5=talk+america <br />edit=hit the wrong button and posted too soon

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Check your phone bills...

and that is why I cancled all my long distance services and use a .03 cents a minute rechargable card :)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Same here rodbolt.<br />I put a long distance block on my phone about 6 years ago.<br />Can only be removed by me, in writing, at the local phone company.<br /><br />So now I use my Sam's/ATT card at 3.2 cents a minute.<br />Works from any phone, anywhere. But that may be going up a bit due to the lawsuit they just lost with the fcc.<br /><br />My current land line phone bill looks like this:<br />Phone service including call waiting: $12 09<br />Taxes, fees, access charges, 911 service: $11.42<br /><br />Total: $23.51<br />And used the Sam's card for less than an hour : $2.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Last week I found a monthly charge for long distance access on our Computer line. I called ATT and had it removed and credited. Seems that when my wife OK'd them to be on our main phone line, they felt that they had the go ahead to attach the charge to all phone lines in our name. <br /><br />Shame on them. The rep I talked to ALREADY KNEW IT WAS A COMPUTER LINE!!!! Well Shucks! Why add a charge for long distance on a computer line???<br /><br />Rat Bastaards, one and all.

LubeDude

Admiral

Not only the things you all are talking about, but you should also look at your long distance calls. We make very few long distance calls, and with just the wife and me at home we know which ones we made. We allways have calls on our bill we didnt make. They allways take them off, but can you imagine the kind of money phone companies must make just throwing a long distance call on everyones bill at random like that? It has to be in the millions.

qaztwo

Petty Officer 1st Class

The phone company has also tried to charge me for long distance calls and 1-900 calls. Normally it only takes a short phone call to the phone company to have it removed. Each time I tell them to disconnect the long distance and block the 1-900 and sure enough once a year one will show up. The only reason why I even have a phone line is for dsl, everything else is by the cell phone.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks for the moral support, I should have know that we all get defrauded by these folks. Fortunately I am from a scantily populated state, and have the ear of the state senator, and the govornor. I can only tell you that some heads are rolling over this deal. These scammers will have a little more trouble getting customers in the republic of Idaho for a while...Chief

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

SPRINT ... let me repeat ... SPRINT ... and if you didn't get it the first two times ... SPRINT started sending me bills a few months back. They had slammed me about 5 years earlier and I nipped it in the bud back then. This time I let them go until I finally called and asked exactly what service they were providing me. The amount was quite low and the operator didn't understand why I was being charged the FCC fees and such, but nothing else. I asked them what my phone number was. They gave me a number I hadn't had in years. Did I mention that was SPRINT?

NYMINUTE

Captain

I too dumped my LD carrier. Use the cell and the prepaid cards. Much easier to manage.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

we added a service to our phone for unlimited long distance calls. We make more long distance calls than local so it's saving us money. Now I don't have to worry about extra charges

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> SPRINT ... let me repeat ... SPRINT ... and if you didn't get it the first two times ...
Ya, SPRINT! I get 50 FREE LD Minutes every month by being a SPRINT SENSE customer (combining Sprint PCS and LD). My LD bills are virtually non-existent. <br /><br />BTW, while looking at your phone bills, please look at the amount of taxes you are paying.<br />If I could get away with it, I would drop my home phone service altogether.