Commander
Keeps my baby safe and dry in times with rough seas :D :D <br /><br />
1422015-IMG_3591.JPG
<br /><br />
1422016-IMG_3592.JPG

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Check out my new Mooring Cover...

I got one for mine. Doesn't cover the whole door. Great during pollen season when you want to leave the top down.<br /><br />Bud that rust looks REAL bad by the fender. You fixin or replacin?

eeboater

Commander

Ahh its got a frame-off restore in the works. It's going to be getting a whole new tub. Yeah, not bad for 26 years old though... <br /><br /> ;)

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

A little bit of marine-tex, a little bit of duct tape, no problem! ;)

Frankhanhart

Petty Officer 1st Class

Eeboater, she's got a bikini for hot days, hasn't she. What color and how high? :D

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

ee, <br /> ya plan on wrap'n your a$$ in fiberglass or will ya be shrouded in steel? Did one in fiberglass years ago when I lived in the land of white winters and 10 ton salt shakers.

eeboater

Commander

LT: Not quite sure yet on what type of material the new tub will be. I was thinking about going with Fiberglass but I'm not completely sure. I know of a guy who went stainless -- expensive, but just as effective :D <br /><br />This will be my first tub-replacement. How bad was it? From what I hear it really isn't that bad. I think the most difficulty I will run into is dealing with all the rusted on bolts that have been rotting away for 26 years. There's no floor in it now. Well, theres a "floor" but I wouldn't recommend jumping up and down on it.<br /><br />Sean

NYMINUTE

Captain

That Jeep is older than you EE. Nice cover though.

aspeck

Staff member

Yea, I had a Scrambler with a case of cancer like that. Couldn't afford the bondo for it! Floor gone, etc. Decided to sell, looked up the book value, did not deduct anything, and added $500. Had 8 calls the first day of add - sold it for $300 more than I advertised - wish I had asked for more!<br /><br />It got a new metal tube, and looks the same way it did when I sold it! That was 11 years ago

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

That Jeep's gorgeous EE....wish we had them over here!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

A whole tub job is not too bad. It will give you access to re-do the frame and add better skid plates. That cover looks great.<br /><br />If you can find a decent fiberglass tub they are worth it and augment it with stainless steel. The aluminum diamond plates used are always severely coroded.<br /><br />What motor and trans does it have?<br /><br />Bob

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

ee,<br />Bob's right not a bad job once ya get rid of the old. As far as the glass I worked with I had no problems fit and finish were great. But you will need to augment some sections as Bob stated. I like the idea of Stainless if you can work it. I used heavy gauge steel and painted both sides prior to installation. I kept the Jeep for 4+ years with no signs of rust. Good luck.