Check my wiring schematic for Aerator timer

Toxarch

Seaman
I made a rough wiring schematic of the way I would like to wire up my aerators and attached it. My boat has 2 fresh water aerators and 2 recirculating aerators. There is an original timer for the fresh water aerators, but it no longer works. I am wanting to add a timer for the recirculating aerators and maybe tie the timer into the fresh water aerators too.

My question is, is it OK to wire up the timer to be always on when the boat master switch is on? Meaning, can the timer be on and running even when the aerators are turned off? Will it wear out earlier if wired this way? I ask because I could wire up one timer to be used on all 4 aerators. I used 2 aerator motors in my diagram.

The fuses for the aerators are shown in the diagram where they are currently installed inline in my 92 Skeeter. I don't think I need the diodes in there, but drew them on the schematic anyway. Wouldn't hurt to have them. Wasn't sure about those but my guess is not needed.

I appreciate any input.

Attachments

• Timer Wiring.JPG
    Timer Wiring.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 1

Toxarch

Seaman
Re: Check my wiring schematic for Aerator timer

Never mind. After finding a disconnected wire and examining the way the old timer was wired, I found that my diagram is the way they originally wired the boat, without the diodes. So that is the way I wired up the new timer. And the new timer has an off switch built in so it should be alright. I tested it out after wiring it up (and adding an in-line fuse) and it works great. Kinda wish it had a longer off cycles than 5.5 minutes, but it will work. I'm using a Minute Man 2 and installed it in the bow where the old timer was.